Ministering to those serving in government.
Ministry to State – Florida is a ministry of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and exists as a means to minister to those serving in the Florida state government through prayer, discipleship, and evangelism via five fundamental objectives:
- GOSPEL: Expose those in the state government community to the transforming truths of the gospel through healthy relationships.
- WORLD VIEW: Provide encouragement and support in the development of a Biblical world and life view for those in the state government who make a profession of faith.
- CONSCIENCE: Strive to be instrumental in establishing and maintaining a Biblical conscience throughout the state government community who both create and implement policy.
- CHURCH: Provide a healthy means to connect the church in a non-partisan manner with those in the state government.
- PRAYER: Promote and facilitate specific and intelligent prayer by the body of Christ for those in the state government.
Jonathan received his Masters of Divinity with an emphasis in Missions from Reformed Theological Seminary in 2009 and has served as a Chaplain in the United States Navy since then. He accepted the call to serve as Florida’s Capitol Minister with Ministry to State in 2019. His wife, Susannah, and their children live in the state capital of Tallahassee.