Darin Stone, MTS State Capitol Minister – NC
Darin Stone has had a long-standing interest in the intersection of politics and the gospel. In high school, he was voted by his classmates to be “Most Likely to Become a Politician.” He studied Political Science at The University of Arizona, but also sensed a call to ministry during his college years. In 2005, he graduated with his Master of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi and, shortly thereafter, was ordained as a minister in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). He served the church as an assistant and senior pastor before taking to position of Minister to the North Carolina State Capitol with Ministry to State (MTS). Darin and his wife, Melanie, have four beautiful children: Sarah (16), Luke (11), Ryan (5), and Caroline (2).
MTS operates under the umbrella of Mission to North America and is the PCA’s ministry of evangelism and discipleship to the government community. Specifically, Darin’s role is to serve as a minister and missionary to those in public service. His objectives are as follows:
- Pastoral Care: To engage elected officials, legislative aides, policy advisors, lobbyists, and others at the North Carolina State Capitol with the transforming truths of the gospel through healthy relationships.
- Worldview Formation: To provide encouragement and support of a Biblical world and life view to those in government who make a profession of faith.
- Biblical Fidelity: To be instrumental in establishing and maintaining a Biblical conscience throughout the government community who both create and implement policy.
- Church Connection: To provide a healthy means to connect the Church in a non-partisan manner with those in government.
- Prayerful Engagement: To promote and facilitate specificity and intelligent prayer by the body of Christ for those serving in government.
Donate by Check
Gifts can be sent via check or money order made payable to MNA. Ministry or church plant names should be clearly designated with a note accompanying the check or money order.
Mail Checks To:
Mission to North America
P.O. Box 890233
Charlotte, NC 28289-0233